We’re always here for you to provide more info, answer questions, review your water bill, send you a kit, and most of all help you save water. Give us a call or send an email to Water@ThorntonWater.com.

Two conversation bubble icons

Emergency Numbers

Wastewater/Sewer Problem: 720-977-6500

Water Quality Concerns: 303-255-7770

After Hours Emergencies: 720-977-6500

Report A Water Line Break: 720-977-6500

Water Resources Division

The Water Resources Division is responsible for managing the City’s water supply. We secure raw water resources, plan for water storage, and manage water supply projects. We also work very hard to conserve the City’s water resources for the long term. 

12450 Washington Street, Thornton, CO 80241

Other Contacts

Utility Billing: 303-538-7370 | UtilityBilling@thorntonco.gov

Report Water Waste: 720-977-6600 | Water@ThorntonWater.com

Submit Backflow Reports: 720-977-6586 | Back.Flow@thorntonco.gov

Water Quality Lab: 303-255-7770 | WaterQuality@thorntonco.gov

Water Treatment Plants: 303-255-7770 | WaterTreatment@thorntonco.gov

Water Distribution – Water Lines, Hydrants And Meters: 720-977-6500 | UtilOperation@thorntonco.gov

Wastewater Lines Maintenance: 720-977-6500 | UtilOperation@thorntonco.gov

Water Rights And Water Law: 720-977-6600 | Water@ThorntonWater.com

Metro Wastewater: 303-286-3000


Sign up for our newsletter for your water utility news, rebates and services. Enter your email in the box below.


Consider volunteering if you’re over 16, are passionate about water, want to learn more about efficiency, or have knowledge to share. We have many opportunities available to fit your schedule. Interested? Email us at Water@ThorntonWater.com or call 720-977-6600. Submit an application.


Set up your account and you can track your water use, pay your bill, report water waste, and more. 

My Thornton

Use this link to access the City of Thornton, 24-hours a day, 7-days a week, from the comfort of your own home. You will be able to find answers to frequently asked questions, submit a service request or contact city staff.