What is H2Overhaul?
Overhaul is a water-wise initiative that provides programs and resources to transform thirsty lawns into beautiful water-saving landscapes. The goal: to help you save more water and spend less on your summer water bill. Watch how Nancy & Jim did it:
Come learn the basics on how to transform your own yard into an H2O-saving oasis using the 7 Principles of Water-Wise Landscaping with help from Matrix Gardens’ Alison Peck.
March 7, 2018, 6-8 P.M.
Stonebrook Manor, 650 E. 124th Ave., Thornton
Reserve your seat at tinyurl.com/H2OverhaulSpring2018.
Free Landscape Conversion Package & H2Overhaul Workshop
Thornton Water wants to help supply you with the know-how AND the resources to transform your landscape into a water-saving oasis. Complete the following steps and you will receive 200 sq. ft. of perennial garden plants and a spray-to-drip irrigation converter:
1. Attend the H2Overhaul Workshop to learn the 7 Principles of Water-Wise Landscaping. March 7, 2018, 6-8 P.M. Stonebrook Manor, 650 E. 124th Ave., Thornton. Snacks provided. Reserve your seat at tinyurl.com/H2OverhaulSpring2018.
2. Select a minimum of 200 sq. ft. area of maintained turf on your property, snap a photo and send it in with your application for pre-approval. (Be sure to contact your HOA before applying.)
3. After receiving pre-approval for your chosen area, remove the turf and submit your “during” photos for final approval. (Due dates provided at the workshop.)
4. When you are in the clear, collect your FREE conversion package at the designated collection time/location near you (Pick up dates/locations provided by Resource Central).
5. Schedule your final review and consultation with Resource Central.
Discounted Garden In A Box
In partnership with Resource Central, Thornton Water provides a limited number of discounted, professionally designed gardens for Thornton Water customers. Each garden kit comes with 14-28 starter plants, a comprehensive Plant and Care Guide, at least 1 plant by number map, and educational resources about water-wise practices. Supplies are limited. Purchase yours at ResourceCentral.org/gardens.
Water-Wise Landscape Rebate
New in 2018, Thornton Water wants to reward water customers that install water-wise landscaping on their property. Receive $1 per sq. ft . for approved and installed low-water landscape (up to 1000 sq. ft.). Rebates may be considered taxable income by the IRS. Consult a tax professional for more information.
Water-Wise Landscape Rebate Rules and Information
Water-Wise Landscape Rebate Form
IRS W9 Form
Available this Spring! Thornton Water has packaged essential “how-to” details for converting your yard into a water-wise landscape. Using the 7 Principles of Water-Wise landscaping, you can use these step-by-step guides to customize your water-saving conversion. More details on how to qualify to receive your free toolkit coming soon!
Water-Wise Demonstration Gardens & Summer Events
Thornton Water maintains three different water-wise demonstration gardens to help water customers visualize how water-saving plants can be integrated into their home landscape. Visit them on your own or attend a summer event to learn more. Times and dates will be announced on our Facebook page
and on our Garden page.
Thornton Fire Station 5 - 14051 Colorado Blvd.
Margaret W. Carpenter Recreation Center - 1151 Colorado Blvd.
Thornton Fire Station 4 - 1400 E 128th Ave.
Water-Wise Plant Suggestions & Layout Maps
Selecting water-wise plants can be difficult. To help, Thornton Water has developed a short list of water-wise plants that have worked well in our water-wise demonstration gardens and could also work well at your house. Download your copy here:
Margaret W. Carpenter Recreation Center Water-Wise Garden Layout
Fire Station 5 Water-Wise Garden Layout
Average Size Residential Lot Layout
Large Residential Lot Layout
Plant Select Downloadable Designs